We are growing! With so many exciting projects in front of us, we are looking for the next amazing team member to join our eclectic group of architects, project managers, draftsmen and jacks-of-all-trades.
Open Position: Architect
We are a small firm, established in 2002, and are located on the exploding north-end of Colorado Springs. Our mission is simple: provide extraordinary architectural design for work & living spaces on ordinary client budgets. We believe in value through design; you don’t need to break the bank to have your ideal work/living space.
We focus on custom residential, dental/orthodontic offices, and a wide variety of commercial and religious facilities. Working in a small office affords you the opportunity to see all aspects of a project, from schematic design and client meetings to construction documents and construction administration.
Your Typical Day at Bucher Design Studio...
- Interact with clients – keep them apprised of project status, listen well so you can hear even the things they’re not saying
- Coordinate efforts between our office and engineers/consultants/contractors
- Produce, revise and integrate construction drawings in AutoCAD
- Review drawings for accuracy and perform quality control on your work and others
- Collaborate with teammates – we help each other be successful in all aspects of work & life
- Create 3D exterior models in SketchUp (bonus: render in photo editing software)
- Contribute to the success of the firm by completing administrative tasks (e.g. update timesheet, keep project files organized, inform team members of project status)
To be a Successful Addition to our Team, you need to...
- Have experience working in an architecture firm (8 years minimum); architecture license is required
- Understand the core functions of an architecture practice – design, documents, detailing, materials, codes, construction
- Thrive in an ever-changing environment, juggling multiple small- to medium-sized projects
- Be passionate about proactive communication with clients, partners and team members
- Embrace continuous learning – there’s always an opportunity to learn something new
- Be technically savvy in AutoCAD
- Enjoy a good laugh and not be afraid to “work hard, play hard”
What We have to Offer...
- Meaningful work. This is your opportunity to help clients realize their dream work or living space within their budget.
- A collaborative environment. Be part of a synergistic team where we help each other become the best-version-of-ourselves.
- Competitive salary. The right person for this position will be thrilled with their compensation package.
- Variety and valuable experience. Your work day will never be boring as you manage a wide range of projects in various stages of the design process.
- The long view. In a world of instant gratification, we stand firm in doing what’s right for our clients, partners and employees for the long-term.
Cover letter that includes answers to the following questions:
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in your current role?
- Why do you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role?
- Upon acceptance of a new commercial project, please briefly describe the process ahead of you, from project kick-off to permit.
Include three examples of your best work.
Bucher Design Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis, and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.